Hope you can come and join us in some of our upcoming tours and/or events. New participants are always welcome – both couples and singles. Be sure to look at our Tours pictures in the Photo Gallery (click on link at top of Home page).
* January 4, 2018 (Thursday), 7:30 p.m., Popejoy Hall – CINDERELLA (Rodgers and Hammerstein’s): Tickets are no longer available through MOAA. To date, 18 participants, who will soon receive this tickets by mail.
* February 1, 2018 (Thursday), 7:30 p.m., Popejoy Hall – SWAN LAKE (Russian National Ballet Theatre): “Young Prince Siegfried witnesses a swan transform into a beautiful woman in this tale of dark magic and soaring love. Performed by the Russian National Ballet Theatre to Tchaikovsky’s original score, this production of Swan Lake draws from the rich tradition of Russian ballet. Under the direction of Elena Radchenko, a former head dancer, this elegant ballet comes to life.”
Group cost for middle Orchestra seats is $50/seat (rows N, P, middle). Non-members please add $2/person guest fee, unless family or houseguest. Payment due NLT December 27. First paid, first serve! To date, 18 participants – 7 seats available.
* February 25, 2018 (Sunday), 3:00 p.m., Popejoy Hall – THE TEN TENORS: “Australia’s “vocal wonder from down under” will take you on a feel-good journey through some of the world’s greatest hits of all time, including classic rock anthems, current day chart toppers, and soaring arias of Verdi and more.”
Group cost for Premium Orchestra seat is $66 (rows B-C, right side) – to date, 20 participants with only 3 seats available. Non-members please add $2/person guest fee, unless family or houseguest. Payment due NLT January 24.
* March 8, 2018 (Thursday), 7:30 p.m., Popejoy Hall – A CHORUS LINE: “A CHORUS LINE, with its powerful true life stories, is what ‘American Idol’, ‘So You Think You Can Dance’, and ‘The Voice’, can only aspire to be – gripping live theater with world famous songs, choreography that’s become part of our popular culture, and imagery that can only be epitomized as ‘One Singular Sensation’, which is A CHORUS LINE.”
Group cost for middle Orchestra seat is $54 (row Q, middle) – to date, 16 participants with 7 seats available. Non-members please add $2/person guest fee, unless family or houseguest. Payment due NLT February 7.
* July 6, 2018 (Friday) – Santa Fe Opera “MADAME BUTTERFLY”: “Featuring Puccini’s longest and most passionate love duet, much of his most lyrical music, including the ‘Humming Chorus’ and ‘Flower Duet’, a justly famous soprano aria in ‘Un bel dì’, and a spine-tingling climax.” This opera is sung in Italian with Opera Titles on a display screen in front of every seat, offering instant translations in your choice of English or Spanish. We have reserved 40 seats in Section 3 for the 8:30 p.m. performance. Group cost is $189/person, which also includes coach transportation plus Preview Buffet Dinner, including wine and dessert, at the SFO’s open-air cantina on the beautifully landscaped rehearsal grounds. A guest speaker offers an informative preview talk about the evening’s opera during the dessert course. A deposit of $100/person is due NOW to hold your space. The balance will be due NLT May 5, 2018. Non-members pay an additional $2 guest fee, unless family or houseguest. We need to depart Tanoan Country Club at ~4:45 p.m. To date, we have 21 participants.
* Mail above payments (made out to Albuquerque MOAA Tours) to Karen Brown at 962 Antelope NE, 87122. For further tours/events information, call Karen Brown at 856-1927; email email@example.com or call Judy Keppler at 293-5274.
Upcoming 2018 Tours planned for MOAA Tours by Sun Tours:
All payments for the trips below go to SUN TOURS, 1700 Louisiana NE, Suite 100, Albuquerque, NM 87110. Travel insurance recommended. For reservations and information, call 889-8888. Sun Tours now accepts credit cards for all their tour payments.
April 26-May 2, 2018 (7 days) – WASHINGTON, DC – Our Nation’s Capitol Tour: Our nation’s history comes to life on this fascinating tour—some that we all know about like the Monuments, Museums, the National Cathedral, the Capitol Building, and the White House—others will surprise us as we become familiar with this historic city. Our accommodation will be at the Holiday Inn Capitol, just a few blocks away from the National Mall & Smithsonian Museums. Cost is $2495/person (double occupancy); $3,285 (single occupancy). A $200/person deposit now holds your space, refundable through January 24, 2018, when final payment is due. This tour is now advertised to Sun Tours clients. To date, there are ~40 participants, including 11 MOAA participants. Detailed flyer: Wash DC – Our Nations Capitol
July 29-August 16, 2018 (19 days) – SOUTH AFRICA PLUS VICTORIA FALLS: On this comprehensive tour we see South Africa’s grandeur and its wildlife & meet its diverse peoples. This tour goes beyond the highlights to give an in-depth exploration of all aspects of South Africa. Learn about the diverse topography as well as the sometimes shameful history that is the Republic of South Africa. The Western Cape offers beaches, lush wine lands, craggy cliffs at the Cape of Good Hope, forest and lagoons along the Garden Route, and the city of Cape Town, beneath flat-topped Table Mountain. We continue up the eastern coast and experience different ecosystems in Kruger National Park, as well as Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe. Cost is $6995/person (double occupancy), $7,995 (single occupancy). A $200/person deposit now holds your space, refundable through March 22, 2018, when final payment is due. This tour is full and taking a waiting list. To date, there are 42 participants, including 26 MOAA participants. Detailed flyer: South Africa flyer
Copyright © by ALBUMOAA All Right Reserved.
Published on: 2005-08-10 (20298 reads)