Hope you can come and join us in some of our upcoming tours and/or events. New participants are always welcome – both couples and singles. Be sure to look at our Tours pictures in the Photo Gallery (click on link at top of Home page).
Note: Please let Karen know if interested in the SF Opera ASAP:
* July 19, 2019 (Friday) – Santa Fe Opera “LA BOHÈME”: “Conductor Jader Bignamini and director Mary Birnbaum bring Puccini’s boisterous, poignant, heartbreaking score to life onstage.”
This opera is sung in Italian with Opera Titles on a display screen in front of every seat, offering instant translations in your choice of English or Spanish. We reserved 36 seats in Section 3 for the 8:30 p.m. performance. Group cost is $180/person, which also includes Herrera coach transportation plus Preview Buffet Dinner, including wine and dessert, at the SFO’s open-air cantina on the beautifully landscaped rehearsal grounds. A guest speaker offers an informative preview talk about the evening’s opera during the dessert course. A deposit of $100/person due NOW to hold your space. The balance will be due NLT May 1, 2018. Guests welcome, paying additional $2 guest fee, unless family or houseguest. We depart Tanoan Country Club at ~4:45 p.m.
Here are Broadway Musicals that I have some designated seats for at group rates. One can also get discounted group seats for these shows & more on the online group website set up for our MOAA membership (see link at bottom).
* December 16, 2018 (Sunday), 6:30 p.m. Popejoy Hall – FINDING NEVERLAND (Broadway Musical): Tickets are no longer available from MOAA – 14 participants.
* January 24, 2019 (Thursday), 7:30 p.m. or January 27, 2019 (Sunday), 1:00 p.m. Popejoy Hall – SOUND OF MUSIC (Broadway Musical): “THE HILLS ARE ALIVE! A brand-new production of THE SOUND OF MUSIC is coming to Popejoy Hall. The spirited, romantic and beloved musical story of Maria and the von Trapp Family will once again thrill audiences with its Tony®, Grammy® and Academy Award®-winning Best Score, including “My Favorite Things,” “Do-Re-Mi,” “Climb Ev’ry Mountain,” “Edelweiss” and the title song.” Discounted group cost for Second Price seats (middle orchestra) cost $65/person (including fees). Payment is due ASAP or NLT December 18 – only 6 seats per performance are available. Guests welcome, paying additional $2 guest fee, unless family or houseguest. To date, 16 participants.
* February 17, 2019 (Sunday), 1:00 p.m, Popejoy Hall – RENT (Broadway Rock Musical): “A re-imagining of Puccini’s La Bohème, follows an unforgettable year in the lives of seven artists struggling to follow their dreams without selling out. With its inspiring message of joy and hope in the face of fear, this timeless celebration of friendship and creativity reminds us to measure our lives with the only thing that truly matters—love.” Discounted group cost for Premium seats (rows B & C, middle) is $77/person (including fees). Second Price seats (Rows O & P) cost is $65/person (including fees). Guests welcome, paying additional $2 guest fee, unless family or houseguest. Payment is due ASAP or NLT January 16. To date, only 3 participants.
* March 10, 2019 (Sunday), 6:30 p.m, Popejoy Hall – KINKY BOOTS (Broadway Musical): “…this joyous musical celebration is about the friendships we discover, and the belief that you can change the world when you change your mind. Take a step in the right direction and discover that sometimes the best way to fit in is to stand out. “There is no show hotter than KINKY BOOTS!.” Discounted group cost for Premium seats (row C, middle) is $82/person (including fees). Second Price seats (Rows R, S – left side) cost is $67/person (including fees). Payment is due ASAP or NLT February 6. Guests welcome, paying additional $2 guest fee, unless family or houseguest. To date, 12 participants.
* June 12, 2019 (Wednesday), 7:30 p.m, Popejoy Hall – BEAUTIFUL, The Carole King Musical (Broadway Musical): “…tells the inspiring true story of King’s remarkable rise to stardom, from being part of a hit songwriting team with her husband Gerry Goffin, to her relationship with fellow writers and best friends Cynthia Weil and Barry Mann, to becoming one of the most successful solo acts in popular music history. Along the way, she made more than beautiful music, she wrote the soundtrack to a generation.” Discounted group cost for Premium seats (rows E-G) is $92/person (including fees). Second Price seats (Rows N-P) cost is $70/person (including fees). Guests welcome, paying additional $2 guest fee, unless family or houseguest. Payment is due ASAP or NLT May 10. To date, 16 participants.
* Call Karen at 856-1927 or email email@example.com to find out available seats. Mail check, written to ABQ MOAA Tours, to Karen Brown, 962 Antelope Ave NE, Albuquerque, NM 87122.
OR YOU CAN BUY YOUR OWN MOAA GROUP-PRICED TICKETS ONLINE FOR THESE BROADWAY PERFORMANCES/DATES AT POPEJOY HALL:
Finding Neverland – December 13 or 16, 2018 (Thursday or Sunday)
Sounds of Music – January 24 or 27, 2019 (Thursday or Sunday)
Rent – February 15 or 16, 2019 (Friday or Saturday)
Kinky Boots – March 7 or 10, 2019 (Thursday or Sunday)
Cats – May 16 or 19, 2019 (Thursday or Sunday)
Beautiful – June 13 or 16, 2019 (Thursday or Sunday)
Plus some of the other Ovation performances during 2018-2019
Here is the group link for our Albuquerque Chapter, MOAA, that you can click on to order your own seats for these Broadway performances or other Ovations performances at the group price including $3 group fee plus an added $3 fee per transaction, which ends up less than regular rate with higher fees. Click on unmtickets.com/MOAA. You do not need to enter the code, as it will already be applied. You can then pay for your tickets by credit card & they will be mailed to you. Note: the price will update with the group rate after you select your seats and hit “Continue.
Upcoming 2019 Tours planned for MOAA Tours by Sun Tours:
All payments for the trips below go to SUN TOURS, 1700 Louisiana NE, Suite 100, Albuquerque, NM 87110. Travel insurance recommended. For reservations and information, call 889-8888. Sun Tours now accepts credit cards for most their tour payments – however, sometimes there will be an added cost when using a Credit Card
May 15-20, 2019 (6 days): ASHEVILLE & THE SMOKIES: There is such a variety of beauty and activities in this tour! Cost is $1994/person (double occupancy); $2295 (single), which includes roundtrip airfare from Albuquerque; transportation by deluxe motorcoach; 5 nights’ lodging at excellent hotels, 5 breakfast, 2 lunches, 3 dinners; admission to all listed attractions; baggage handling at hotels (for 1 piece); professional Sun Tours Tour Director; all taxes & tips for included items (except hotel housekeeping). A $200/person deposit will hold your place, refundable through February 7, 2019, when final payment is due.
The modern city Charlotte boasts Billy Graham’s home and the NASCAR Hall of Fame. Vanderbilt’s opulent Biltmore Estate in Asheville is the largest privately-owned home in the nation. We feast our eyes and senses crossing the Smoky Mountains National Park on our way to a great time in Gatlinburg and Chattanooga (Choo Choo)! For detailed brochure, click on this link: Asheville-The Smokies. This trip is now open to Sun Tours clients. So, sign up now!
August 28-September 12, 2019 (16 days) SCANDINAVIA BALTIC CRUISE: Sail the clear waters of Scandinavia and the Baltic on the 16-day trip. Cost is from $8985/person to $9485/person (cash cost, double occupancy) depending on your choice of Veranda Stateroom. Note: add on $300/person extra when using a credit card. This cost includes roundtrip airfare from ABQ, 14-night cruise with all meals on board, included excursions at every port, prepaid gratuities on included excursions (not including optional activities), transfers to and from Viking Sea. There are also optional excursions available (your additional cost/tips). A $500/person deposit holds your stateroom – only half this amount is refundable up until February 22, 2019, when final payment is due.
Enjoy overnights in cosmopolitan Stockholm (Sweden) and St Petersburg (Russia) and explore charming historic city centers in Tallinn (Estonia) and Gdansk (Poland). Visit Helsinki (Finland) and Berlin (Germany), Copenhagen (Denmark) and Bergen (Norway) and witness breathtaking scenery from the Viking Sea as she glides through majestic Norwegian fjords in the legendary homelands of the Vikings. Call Sun Tours (889-8888) to reserve your stateroom! For detailed flyer, click on this link: Scandinavia Baltic Cruise. This trip is now open to Sun Tours client. To date, we have 29 participants, including ~22 from MOAA. So, if interested, sign up now!
Copyright © by ALBUMOAA All Right Reserved.
Published on: 2005-08-10 (20298 reads)